If you’ve been living out of state and are coming home to New Jersey for a visit over the holidays, you surely won’t be sitting still in one place. Not only will you want to visit with family and reconnect with old friends, you’ll likely want to visit your old haunts or do some sightseeing. Why not rent a car so that you can get around and do it all without having to rely on getting lifts from family members?
Sometimes, being a tourist in your own city can be a ton of fun. Just in case you need a reminder of fun things to do while you’re in town for a visit, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite things to do around New Jersey:
- Head to Newark’s Ironbound District for an amazing meal or to catch up with friends over drinks.
- Take the family out to explore the Newark Museum.
- Catch a show at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
- See a concert at one of the many venues around town.
- Head to the Jersey Shore boardwalk. While you may not be playing in the water at this time of year, there are lots of other things to do along the shore in fall and winter. Check out the Jersey Shore website for more ideas.
- Get some fresh air and do some birdwatching at Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, just a short drive from Newark.
- For something festive and seasonal, a drive out to Allaire State Park has just what Santa ordered: The Christmas Lantern Tour, a lantern-lit guided tour through the historic village learning about Christmas traditions throughout Europe.
Driving a rental car from Simple Van and Car Rental instead of relying on others to drive you around or lend you their vehicles will give you more flexibility, freedom, and a set of wheels you can most definitely rely on. We rent vans, SUVs, compact cars, luxury cars, and everything in between! Contact us today at (201) 355-2525 to book a vehicle or fill out the online reservation request form.